Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blog or Diary?


From my diary dated 22nd Feb' 08

Ah! Years passed I touched this book. So, very different I was earlier. Simple readings of my own writings from the past gushes across my mind the thinking and energy I had with me that time.

I have changed a lot from then. Stopped writing in my diary and started a blog, explored it and then it changed. I could never be myself. It looked as though I was writing for others' sake. I had heard that Blog is like an online diary. But I was wrong. It is not.

Diary is for me and me alone apart from few with whom I would like to share my thoughts. Not that blog does not provide that. Blog can be similar with access given to few to read and comment. But use of blog changed my outlook, attitude and understanding rushing past multiple events that eventually reverted me to get back to this paper - my very own diary.

i dont know why but my thoughts seem to flow freely when I pen down my thoughts than e-print them on screen. There is some 'apnapan', some belongingness with ink flowing in strokes, pinning the unseen voiced language to the uniformly glued paper holding the ink effortlessly for posterity for one to read and feel the same years later that I felt today on reading my writing of yesteryears.

Somehow the slant words seem to reflect me better. One may argue that I can choose appropriate font type from the plethora of font-faces available on the screen. But dear friend, my handwriting is not so uniform and perfect for a particular character to appear in the same way all the time, thus not reflecting me! I am not perfect in curves and dashes, thus electronic characters are not me.

Blog, alongwith brings many other options on the screen. Sometimes that seems more than distraction. Whereas here I just have a plain paper, pen and most importantly my thoughts flowing in sync with my thinking, with myself. Atleast for me personally I seem to loose myself when I sit in front of screen to type in my thoughts. This diary-writing is more intuitive. Ofcourse advantage of electronic media cannot be denied in terms of quick-sharing. That may be one of the reasons why this post would make itself to my blog.

What an evening today has been! A good chat and a stroll over a capuccino in the open air with like-minded collegues. Chat about what? About bloging and diaring, IPL, Pervez and what not. To top it, me writing in my diary gets back to me my hostel days where I frequently spent time to fill this same diary. What better setting could have I asked for than this, where currently I am relaxing on my bed, listening to 'Happy Days...', 'Jill Jill Jilla...', 'Arey rey...' from our very own Happy days to repeat the history that left me a couple of years ago...

आज अपने कल पराया हो सकते हैं|
और कल के पराये अपने आज हो सकते हैं||
ज़िंदगी में अपने न कोई रहे तो|
अपने क्या, ज़िंदगी ख़ुद पराया हो सकते हैं||



3 comments:

  1. Wow...what a write up!!!!!!Kya Baat hai.I have always read all your post/blogs...i may not be likeminded but i have always read and enjoyed with the dept I can understand your writeups.
    which have enlighted many of smallthings in my life which i have taken 4franted.Thank U Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.. even i have felt that 'pen and paper' approach can help us put our thoughts together in a much better way than typing them on a type-pad..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comeback after a long while.

    The way you were building up the post I thought you were going to wind up the blog and go into eternal dairying, err.... diarying.... but a few posts in the later days relieved my anxiety.

    My request to your diary is this : Oh Hallowed Diary !! May you remain the ultimate treasure trove of the rich mind of Rampy, but throw a few pearls from your bosom into the vast world so that the winds of the web may convert original handwriting into fonts and formats and carry the fragrance to like-minded screens in distant LAN(d)s.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin